What is your real value add in the work place?
- You can perform tasks, but need supervision, coaching, and course correction.
- Given a task, can you do it independently from end to end? This is possible for small tasks.
- For bigger tasks, if you are provided resources, do you have the management skills to produce results?
- Given half a problem definition, can you complete it and form a complete problem definition?
- Can you provide thought leadership to shape the future of your organization?
If the answer to the above is “no,” are you willing to learn with an open mind?
The point of identifying the real value add is not pigeon hole your capabilities, but to assign tasks with some assurance of success, to set stretch goals, and to create a roadmap for development.